Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Volkswagen Cross Coupe concept

German car manufacturing giant Volkswagen has debuted  its new concept car the  VW Cross Coupe, which is a compact hybrid crossover SUV, at the Tokyo Motor Show.

The electric car is said to be able to cover 40km on electricity alone, powered by 2 electric motors. Typical of hybrid cars, there is also a 148hp / 110 kW petrol engine.

From the images, the car looks very unique, and I am unsure as to whether I love it or hate it. The dimensions seem all wrong, and at times I am not sure if I am looking at a SUV or a compact car, which I assume is the point. The car almost looks squashed at times. Though I must say, the longer I have looked at the pictures, the more the VW Cross Coupe has grown on me. It certainly looks sleek and powerful. Personally, though  unlikely that you will see this Volkswagen for sale any time soon, I think that by blending many different styles of cars together, both aesthetically and functionally, VW have stumbled onto what may in the future be a winner.

To read the full article, including images, of this new concept car, visit the following link: Volkswagen Cross Coupe Concept

No comments:

Post a Comment